Education, program evaluation, government management, community indicators, strategic planning and facilitation, surveys and analysis
Ms. Rosenberg has extensive knowledge in areas encompassing state government, education, tax policy and issues related to New York’s economic competitiveness. She oversees all community indicators projects at CGR, leads data analysis and interpretation for many of CGR’s education-related evaluations and other projects, and is well-versed in working with large datasets and using a variety of robust analytical techniques. She has researched and authored several reports on statewide policy issues, including workers’ compensation and pork-barrel spending on capital projects in New York.
- Implementation evaluation of the first year of operation of 5 small schools opened within an urban school district as part of an effort to close and transform failing schools
- Evaluation of the impact of 2007 legislative reforms to NYS workers’ compensation reforms
- An experiment in independent redistricting, using a politically blind process to draw new districts for the Monroe County Legislature
- Cayuga-Seneca Community Indicators, an innovative web tool providing analysis, data and interactive charting capability for 70 indicators, with comparative data for 4 similar counties, the state and nation
- Mid-Hudson Valley Community Profiles, a set of four linked websites providing data and analysis on 50 indicators of community well-being
- Herkimer and Oneida Community Indicators project to facilitate a community-wide conversation about the current state of NY’s Mohawk Valley region and ways to collectively address issues and take advantage of opportunities
- Capital Region Community Indicators project to evaluate progress and identify challenges in critical areas such as supporting families and meeting basic needs
- Herkimer County Highway Shared Services, a report on ways the 31 local governments in Herkimer County could more efficiently maintain roads and bridges
- Evaluation of Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection, a Rochester NY-based youth intervention program aimed at increasing high school graduation rates
- Development of a comprehensive evaluation plan for 2-1-1 New York State
- New York Matters initiative, the first-ever research, information and civic engagement project in NY designed to identify voters’ top concerns and focus candidates on issues
- Capital Pork report on pork-barrel spending on capital projects in New York
B.A. in Journalism from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana
Prior to joining CGR in 2005, Ms. Rosenberg worked for Gannett News Service in Albany NY as a statehouse reporter. She has an extensive background in news reporting and research covering an array of public policy topics. While with Gannett News Service, she was responsible for reporting on state politics and government for 9 dailies, including news organizations covering metropolitan Rochester and Westchester. During her years in journalism, Ms. Rosenberg also covered education, mental health, immigration and voter registration issues for newspapers in Rochester NY and Little Rock AR.